We are looking for a cleaner to work 30 hours per week at our stunning Nursing Home in Gloucester, Brunswick House. Applicants must have cleaning experience.
DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- The domestic assistant is primarily responsible for carrying out general cleaning duties as required and for maintaining cleaning standards as required in order to keep the home one of excellence.
- Daily cleaning of lounges, dining room, bedrooms and their en-suites, stairs, corridors, office areas, bathrooms, lift and toilets.
- According to the cleaning schedule, cleaning paintwork, curtains, curtain rails, high dusting, internal glass, mirrors and spot cleaning of carpets as required.
- Assist with bed making.
- Report any defects in furniture, fittings and equipment to the Manager and write in the maintenance book.
- Correct use of cleaning materials.
- Correct use of personal protective equipment supplied by the home.
- Correct use of equipment.
- Participation in staff meetings, training courses, health & safety and fire training and drills.
- Complete mandatory training such as infection control and COSHH.
- At times support with laundry.
- Additional duties in agreement with the Manager.
- Competitive rates of pay with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
- Free meals
- Free uniforms
- Paid breaks
- Special bank holiday pay rates on major bank holidays
- Flexible working times to accommodate childcare
- Learning & Development – free training and personalised training plans
- Recognition Rewards – e.g. employee of the month
- Friend referral reward scheme
- Parties & Events
- Day off on your birthday
- Refund on your DBS check after 6 months of service
We are looking for a care assistant to join our friendly team at Brunswick House Nursing Home. No experience necessary, although beneficial. Enthusiasm is a must!
As a care assistant, you will work with vulnerable adults to help them live their lives to the full wherever they are able. It is the ultimate “people job” – you will build solid relationships and trust with the vulnerable service users, sometimes in challenging situations.
Your daily routine will be as varied as the needs of the service users you are supporting. You will support them to wash, dress, undress, continence care, feeding, hydrating, oral care, hair care, nail care and emotional support and stimulation, including participating in activities and community support where required.
You will often be the first to alert senior staff of service users’ health problems and you will be liaising with these and other professionals to work out the right care plan for your service users.
A care assistant plays a major role in creating a happy and caring environment adopting a totally flexible approach and attitude to the challenges of the post.
You will support service users with dignity, empathy and respect and you will promote independence, inclusion and stimulation at all times.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To support service users who require your support with washing, dressing and toileting, continence care.
- To support service users with limited mobility or physical disabilities.
- To care for service users who are unwell in providing bed care where needed.
- Participate in social events and in house activities and community activities.
- Support service users who are end of life care.
- To respond to the call bell system and answering the front door to visitors, answer the telephone as needed.
- To make visitors feel welcome offering them beverages and support should they require this.
- To read and write reports, daily notes and attend training sessions/meetings when required.
- To make and change beds, tidy rooms and general cleaning tasks to include toilet and commode cleaning as required.
- To support service users with toileting requirements as needed.
- To support service users with nutrition and hydration requirements as needed.
- To deliver meals and clean away afterward.
- To make safe any area of risk and report immediately, cleaning up spills to avoid risk.
- To report any concerns or general feedback to the senior team.
- To carry out tasks which occur which may be required according to senior team need as well as service user requirements.