We are seeking care assistants with experience to join our team at Blackwater Mill Residential Home in Newport on the Isle of Wight. We have a variety of shifts available, which can be discussed at interview. We look forward to hearing from you!
Days – £7.60 per hour
Nights – £8.18 per hour
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- To support service users who require your support with washing, dressing and toileting, continence care.
- To support service users with limited mobility or physical disabilities.
- To care for service users who are unwell in providing bed care where needed.
- Participate in social events and in house activities and community activities.
- Support service users who are end of life care.
- To respond to the call bell system and answering the front door to visitors, answer the telephone as needed.
- To make visitors feel welcome offering them beverages and support should they require this.
- To read and write reports, daily notes and attend training sessions/meetings when required.
- To make and change beds, tidy rooms and general cleaning tasks to include toilet and commode cleaning as required.
- To support service users with toileting requirements as needed.
- To support service users with nutrition and hydration requirements as needed.
- To deliver meals and clean away afterward.
- To make safe any area of risk and report immediately, cleaning up spills to avoid risk.
- To report any concerns or general feedback to the senior team.
- To carry out tasks which occur which may be required according to senior team need as well as service user requirements.