We require a care assistant to work at our friendly nursing & residential home in Fareham. Varied shifts available which can be discussed at interview. Experience preferred. Have a scan through and read about our employee benefits below. We look forward to hearing from you!
SCOPE OF THE POST
- As a care assistant, you will work with vulnerable adults to help them live their lives to the full wherever they are able. It is the ultimate “people job” – you will build solid relationships and trust with the vulnerable service users, sometimes in challenging situations.
- Your daily routine will be as varied as the needs of the service users you are supporting. You will support them to wash, dress, undress, continence care, feeding, hydrating, oral care, hair care, nail care and emotional support and stimulation, including participating in activities and community support where required.
- You will often be the first to alert senior staff of service users’ health problems and you will be liaising with these and other professionals to work out the right care plan for your service users.
- A care assistant plays a major role in creating a happy and caring environment adopting a totally flexible approach and attitude to the challenges of the post.
- You will support service users with dignity, empathy and respect and you will promote independence, inclusion and stimulation at all times.