We are looking for a Deputy Manager who is a qualified RGN with current PIN to join our nursing home on the Isle of Wight (Freshwater, near Yarmouth). The home is run by a family of 3 generations and we have recently had a ‘Good’ from CQC. Please see description & employee benefits below for more details.
Purpose of Position: To support the Registered Manager in all aspects of the home’s management, including taking complete charge of the home during the absence of the registered manager and sharing the on-call.
- Provide assistance with the management of the day-to-day running of the home
- Take responsibility for the running of the home in the absence of the registered manager.
- Help the registered manager with the general management of the home working alongside them at all times.
- Support the registered manager in his or her duties to ensure the home complies with all health and safety requirements, including the fire safety regulations and procedures.
- Help the registered manager produce and maintain systems and procedures for auditing and assuring quality of care provided by the home.
- Share the on-call with the manager.
Assistance with the management of service user care
- Assist service users with the planning and meeting of their personal care and other needs.
- Help to provide health supervision and attention through direct nursing care when needed.
- Be responsible for care planning, monitoring and reviewing arrangements.
- Help with the formulation of social care and healthcare plans for new service users and with service user reviews.
- Help to control the issue of drugs for which the home has taken responsibility, to maintain the necessary records and to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the systems for administering medicines.
- Participate in the development of activities for service users in which they can join and which will enhance their quality of life.
- Help to ensure that the preparation, cooking and serving of food meet the required standards.
- Administer medication as prescribed in accordance with medication policy and procedure.
- Deliver care of the highest standard ensuring that skills are maintained by training and following the guidelines of evidence based practice
- Maintain the highest possible standards of care, safety and comfort of the residents
- Meet the resident’s nutritional needs
- Safeguard residents from abuse
- Ensure safety and suitability of any equipment used
- Involve other providers in residents care as required.
- Liaise with families regarding changes in resident care
- Know what emergency procedures are for our resident group
- To participate in care planning
- Manage risk through effective procedures
- Make sure all relevant information is handed over to next shift
- Record any accidents, residents or staff, into accident book
- If a resident has a wound which requires dressing do so in accordance with care plan
- Any injury acquired by a resident must be attended to following the homes policy
- To perform other reasonable duties as required.
Assistance with the management of the premises
- Help to ensure that rooms and common spaces are properly cleaned and maintained and adequately heated.
- Help to maintain the standards set for the appearance and upkeep of the premises, indoors and outdoors.
- Manage, as required, any planned maintenance programmes.
Assistance with staff management
- Supervise and support care and domestic staff contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the home and the creation of the right atmosphere.
- Participate in staff meetings and in staff supervision, training and development activities.
- Take responsibility for the management of specific staffing matters as required by the registered manager.
Administration and Finance
- Help the registered manager with the management of the home’s staffing, financial and material resources, including involvement in staff recruitment and selection.
- Help the registered manager maintain the administrative systems for keeping records, particularly those required to comply with the current legislation.
- Help the registered manager to produce and maintain the operational policies and procedures needed to run the home effectively and efficiently and to achieve legal compliance.