We are looking for a Clinical Lead who will be joint deputy manager of our lovely Fareham Nursing Home. The successful applicant will have strong leadership and communication skills. Please have a look through our benefits and the description below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Purpose of Position
- To support the registered manager to promote professional, clinical and holistic care for the residents.
- To take the lead for the clinical needs of the residents.
- To maintain and monitor the health and welfare of the residents
- To support the manager in the supervision of the RGNs employed at the home.
- To conduct care and maintain confidentiality so as not to bring the home or residents into disrepute
- To investigate complaints and follow procedures for their resolution
- To delegate responsibility within legal boundaries
- To foster good working relationships
- To be up to date at all times with health and safety at work
- To be aware of all policies and procedures within the home
- To comply with the Health and Social Care Act 2008
- To maintain proper and accurate records regarding residents and other home information
- To know the whereabouts of all residents at all times.
- To ensure staff use all equipment correctly
- To attend training courses as necessary
- To attend meetings as necessary
- To train other staff and monitor their work
- Report any incidents or problems to the manager
- To undertake appraisals and supervisions for the RGNs
- Undertake necessary training and hours to retain registration.
- To take overall responsibility for the ordering and administer medication as prescribed in accordance with medication policy and procedure.
- To deliver care of the highest standard ensuring that skills are maintained by training and following the guidelines of evidence based practice
- To maintain the highest possible standards of care, safety and comfort of the residents
- Meet the resident’s nutritional needs
- Safeguard residents from abuse
- Ensure safety and suitability of any equipment used
- Involve other providers in residents care as required.
- Lease with families regarding changes in resident care
- Know what emergency procedures are for our resident group
- To participate in care planning and ensure they are kept up to date
- Manage risk through effective procedures
- Make sure all relevant information is handed over to next shift
- Record any accidents, residents or staff, into accident book
- If a resident has a wound which requires dressing do so in accordance with care plan
- Any injury acquired by a resident must be attended to following the homes policy
- To perform other reasonable duties as required.
- To be up to date at all times with mandatory training
- To identify RGNs training needs
- To attend other appropriate training
- To teach relevant information and knowledge to other staff