Buckland Care is seeking an experienced Deputy Manager to join the team at our award winning 30 bed residential care home in Portchester (between Portsmouth & Fareham), Hampshire.
The ideal candidate will have several years of care experience, preferably in a senior or Head of Care role and will be forward thinking and reliable. NVQ3 or similar is a requirement and NVQ 5 or desire to complete this is preferable. Salary will be negotiated dependent on experience. Candidates must be able to work some weekends.
Purpose of Position: To support the Registered Manager in all aspects of the home’s management, including taking complete charge of the home during the absence of the Registered Manager and sharing the on-call.
- Provide assistance with the management of the day-to-day running of the home
- Take responsibility for the running of the home in the absence of the registered manager.
- Help the registered manager with the general management of the home working alongside them at all times.
- Support the registered manager in his or her duties to ensure the home complies with all health and safety requirements, including the fire safety regulations and procedures.
- Help the registered manager produce and maintain systems and procedures for auditing and assuring quality of care provided by the home.
- Share the on-call with the manager.