Buckland Care is seeking a dynamic Head of Care to join the excellent team at forward-thinking residential home, Willow Bank House, based between Worcester & Evesham.
We currently have a ‘Good’ rating from CQC and we have just installed the latest tech care planning system into the home so it is an exciting time to join us. We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable individual who is able to take the lead and use their initiative, with very strong communication and leadership skills.
Pay is £10 per hour on weekdays and £10.50 per hour on weekends.
Purpose of the position:
- To take the responsibility for the care staff team.
- To lead service user care liaison with the Deputy Manager and the Registered Manager.
- To liaise with other multi-disciplinary team members with guidance from the Deputy and Registered Manager.
- To work toward providing the best standards of care, recognising the need for continuous improvement and adopting such whilst actively involving the service users.
- To help in the care of the service user’s physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities of the home.
- To take delegated responsibilities in the charge of the service users under your care to the appropriate level.
- To provide support (where appropriate) to the Deputy Manager in the performance of their duties and achievement of the home’s objectives.
- To contribute to the smooth running of the home.
- To provide personal care required for each individual service user encompassing physical, psychological and spiritual care whilst encouraging independence.
- To maintain accurate care records, confidentiality and dignity of service users and maintain a professional image at all times.
- To assist in the formulation of individual care plans, implementation, monitor, review monthly and update as necessary the plans of Residential service users.
- To be aware of and to enforce Health & Safety legislation and the contents of the staff handbook. To deal with relatives and general enquiries when required.
- To attend staff meetings, participate in any relevant teaching programmes and to attend appropriate staff training sessions.
- To order continence aids for the service users.
- To be the first point of contact for any concerns or issues involving the care team.
- To be aware of staff training and arrange for any training identified with the manager.
- To take responsibility for the supervision of allocated care staff members.