We are seeking 2 x talented Registered Nurses to join our longstanding team at Inglefield Nursing & Residential Home, next to Totland Bay, Isle of Wight. Applicants should be conscientious, enthusiastic and reliable. We will consider Registered General Nurses as well as Registered Mental Health Nurses. There are both day and night positions available.
- To promote professional, clinical and holistic care for the residents.
- To maintain and monitor the health and welfare of the residents
- To manage the care staff team and allocate duties
- The post holder will be a Registered Nurse with expertise in the care of elderly people, and will form part of the team; they will be responsible for the good management of the Home during his/her span of duty, with regard for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the residents.
- The philosophy of care is to provide a positive environment in which, as a team, encourage independence for as long as possible, offering support and help to meet individual residents needs whenever necessary.
- Our fundamental principles are those of personal dignity, privacy and respect as an adult human being with a need for creative activity, priority and fellowship at appropriate times and with the right to be consulted and to choose in all matters affecting his/her health and welfare.
Functional, Professional and Administrative
- To supervise work of other staff working the shift.
- To prepare and receive reports at shift changes.
- To maintain custody of medications, checking and witnessing their administration and recording same.
- Assisting and reporting to authorised medical practitioners and to Matron. Ascertaining medical treatment and receiving related instructions.
- Carrying out nursing procedures and treatments and to participate in all day to day personal resident care.
- To assist in the direction and training of Auxiliary staff.
- To participate in the development and implementation of activities and outings, to give a better quality of life for all residents.
- To follow the nursing care plan and discuss with Matron any progress, changes required or further ideas as and when they arise, at an appointed time.
- To ensure any residents receive special diets as ordered, and to participate in the meal time routine.
- To be aware of the N.M.C. code of professional conduct and Health and Safety requirements.
- To maintain any such records and charts as may have been previously notified.
- To be fully conversant with the procedures for dealing with resident enquiries, and to assist in the reception and admission of residents in accordance with the standing procedures.
- To have regard to the condition and serviceability of equipment within the Home and to liaise with Matron/Home Manager in this respect.
- To have regard at all times to the aims and ideals of the management of …Nursing Home and to maintain good order and discipline within the Home.
- To ensure adequate staff cover for each shift.
- To receive and distribute mail to all residents, and the management as necessary.
- To communicate with residents, relatives and visitors and to refer to Matron as necessary.
- To attend such fire precaution lectures and demonstrations as management shall see fit to arrange.
- To perform any such duty as may be necessary to ensure the smooth efficient running of the Home, and to maintain the welfare and well being of all residents.
- To work as a member of the team to create a homelike, supportive, stimulating and comfortable environment within the Home, including organising housekeeping duties as are necessary for the residents’ comfort and well being, and for the efficient running of the Home.
- To introduce new members of staff to their duties.
- To refer to Matron/Home Manager any staff problems that are not resolved on her shift.
- To hand over to the RGN coming on duty at the end of each shift.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings.
- To give medication as prescribed in accordance with medication policy and procedure.
- To be up to date at all times with mandatory training
- To attend other appropriate training
- To teach relevant information and knowledge to other staff