We are seeking an Registered General Nurse to work full time days at our beautiful Gloucestershire Nursing & Residential Home. Nurses must have at least 1 or 2 years’ experience and have a valid PIN.
- To promote professional, clinical and holistic care for the residents.
- To maintain and monitor the health and welfare of the residents
- To manage the care staff team and allocate duties
- The post holder will be a Registered Nurse with expertise in the care of elderly people, and will form part of the team; they will be responsible for the good management of the Home during his/her span of duty, with regard for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the residents.
- The philosophy of care is to provide a positive environment in which, as a team, encourage independence for as long as possible, offering support and help to meet individual residents needs whenever necessary.
- Our fundamental principles are those of personal dignity, privacy and respect as an adult human being with a need for creative activity, priority and fellowship at appropriate times and with the right to be consulted and to choose in all matters affecting his/her health and welfare.
Functional, Professional and Administrative
- To supervise work of other staff working the shift.
- To prepare and receive reports at shift changes.
- To maintain custody of medications, checking and witnessing their administration and recording same.
- Assisting and reporting to authorised medical practitioners and to Matron. Ascertaining medical treatment and receiving related instructions.
- Carrying out nursing procedures and treatments and to participate in all day to day personal resident care.
- To assist in the direction and training of Auxiliary staff.
- To participate in the development and implementation of activities and outings, to give a better quality of life for all residents.
- To follow the nursing care plan and discuss with Matron any progress, changes required or further ideas as and when they arise, at an appointed time.
- To ensure any residents receive special diets as ordered, and to participate in the meal time routine.
- To be aware of the N.M.C. code of professional conduct and Health and Safety requirements.
- To maintain any such records and charts as may have been previously notified.
- To be fully conversant with the procedures for dealing with resident enquiries, and to assist in the reception and admission of residents in accordance with the standing procedures.
- To have regard to the condition and serviceability of equipment within the Home and to liaise with Matron/Home Manager in this respect.
- To have regard at all times to the aims and ideals of the management of …Nursing Home and to maintain good order and discipline within the Home.
- To ensure adequate staff cover for each shift.
- To receive and distribute mail to all residents, and the management as necessary.
- To communicate with residents, relatives and visitors and to refer to Matron as necessary.
- To attend such fire precaution lectures and demonstrations as management shall see fit to arrange.
- To perform any such duty as may be necessary to ensure the smooth efficient running of the Home, and to maintain the welfare and well being of all residents.
- To work as a member of the team to create a homelike, supportive, stimulating and comfortable environment within the Home, including organising housekeeping duties as are necessary for the residents’ comfort and well being, and for the efficient running of the Home.
- To introduce new members of staff to their duties.
- To refer to Matron/Home Manager any staff problems that are not resolved on her shift.
- To hand over to the RGN coming on duty at the end of each shift.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings.
Note – Staff are reminded that all information relating to the residents and staff is confidential and must not be disclosed. Failure to observe this will result in disciplinary action.
- To give medication as prescribed in accordance with medication policy and procedure.
- To be up to date at all times with mandatory training
- To attend other appropriate training
- To teach relevant information and knowledge to other staff