We are looking for fantastic Team Leaders to join the team at our residential care home in Throckmorton, Worcestershire! The shifts will be as follows:
Night Team Leader – 4 nights per week, possible overtime, with alternate weekends
Day Team Leader – 5 shifts per week including weekends
- To lead resident care liaison with the Care Team and the Registered Manager.
- To work toward providing the best standards of care recognising the need for continuous improvement and adopting such whilst actively involving the residents.
- To help in the care of the residents’ physical environment and in the general day to day activities of the home.
- To take delegated responsibilities in the charge of residents under your care to the appropriate level.
- To provide, with other staff, the personal care needs of residents, to include the safe handling and administration of medicines in a manner that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
- To provide support to the Deputy Manager in the performance of her duties and the achievement of the home’s objectives.
- To act, when requested to do so, as the Deputy or Manager in her absence (i.e. being ‘in charge’ of the home).
- To contribute to the smooth running of the care home.
- NVQ2 Care/Working towards NVQ3
- Hands on experience, at the operational level of the provision of care in a care home setting.
- Evidence of being a positive, active team member.
- Knowledge of care planning and the delivery of care within the plan.
- Knowledge of the relevant National Care Standards and Regulations with respect to the care home.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work requirements.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Common sense
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Reliability and loyalty to the home
- Empathetic, caring nature
- Able to influence team members in a positive manner
- Dedication and a will to succeed
- A ‘can – do’ attitude
- Awareness of COSHH.