We are seeking a reliable part time domestic assistant to work weekends at our award winning residential home in Portchester, Hampshire. The successful applicant will be flexible, enthusiastic and able to pitch in wherever required.
DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- The domestic assistant is primarily responsible for carrying out general cleaning duties as required and for maintaining cleaning standards as required in order to keep the home one of excellence.
- Daily cleaning of lounges, dining room, bedrooms and their en-suites, stairs, corridors, office areas, bathrooms, lift and toilets.
- According to the cleaning schedule, cleaning paintwork, curtains, curtain rails, high dusting, internal glass, mirrors and spot cleaning of carpets as required.
- Assist with bed making.
- Report any defects in furniture, fittings and equipment to the Manager and write in the maintenance book.
- Correct use of cleaning materials.
- Correct use of personal protective equipment supplied by the home.
- Correct use of equipment.
- Participation in staff meetings, training courses, health & safety and fire training and drills.
- Complete mandatory training such as infection control and COSHH.
- At times support with laundry.
- Additional duties in agreement with the Manager.