Woodland Court Residential Home in Portchester is looking for an administrator / bookkeeper to join the team working 24-30 hours per week, 4-5 days per week, 9am-3pm. £11 per hour.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
This is a varied and mainly computer-based role, requiring excellent organisational and communication skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word. The ability to prioritise tasks and maintain a flexible approach is essential. Previous experience of office administration work, invoicing, bookkeeping and payroll is essential. Experience and/or knowledge of Adult Social Care funding systems and Xero software is preferable, although training can be provided for this.
- Experience in administration/bookkeeping role is essential
- A good telephone manner and friendly personality
- Ability to meet deadlines that are set by the manager/accounts department/Directors
- Willingness to chase council for unpaid fees and relatives
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Accountable to: Head Office Accounts Department, Home Manager
- Invoicing for Service Users fees, including communication with families and county councils.
- Ensuring all Service Users accounts are not in arrears.
- Paying invoices for goods and services, and ensuring all payments are recorded in line with company systems.
- Liaising with other departments on ordering products e.g. cleaning products, food supplies, stationary and uniforms.
- Organising companies to visit the home to undertake work such as plumbing, electrical, carpet fitting etc.
- Recording and invoicing for any incidental expenses incurred by Service Users and ensuring accounts are not in arrears.
- Completion of weekly and monthly financial spreadsheets and reports.
- Management of petty cash in line with company systems.
- Completing monthly payroll.
- Issuing contracts for all residents and staff.
- Ensuring all staff files are maintained and completed in line with company policy and CQC requirements.
- Ensuring all Service Users administration files are complete in line with company policy.
- Communicating with family members, suppliers and Adult Social Services.
- Taking enquiries from potential Service Users or families and recording these in line with company systems.
- General day-to-day office administration, including answering the telephone, responding to emails, ordering equipment, writing and sending letters, filing and maintaining office systems, and administrative support for the Home Manager and Deputy Manager