We are looking for some excellent Care Assistants to join our friendly team at Inglefield Nursing & Residential Home. We currently have day shifts available and can accommodate full or part time requirements. Wage depends on training and experience (up to £8.85 per hour). Please contact for more information.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
As a care assistant, you will work with vulnerable adults to help them live their lives to the full wherever they are able. It is the ultimate ‘people job’ – you will build solid relationships and trust with the vulnerable service users, sometimes in challenging situations.
Your daily routine will be varied. You will support the service users to wash, dress, undress, and help them with continence care, feeding, hydration, oral care, hair care, nail care and emotional support and stimulation. This will include encouraging them to participate in activities and community support where required.
A care assistant plays a major role in creating a happy and caring environment adopting a totally flexible approach and attitude to the challenges of the post. You will support service users with dignity, empathy and respect and you will promote independence, inclusion and stimulation at all times.
We will train you in all aspects of care and ensure that your training is up to date and refreshed regularly. There is opportunity to progress up to a Senior Care Assistant role if you really thrive as a Care Assistant and also opportunity to take your Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- No formal qualifications required although Care Certificate or NVQ 2/3 (or equivalent) is beneficial
- A good level of English
- A warm & friendly personality
- A good communicator
- Able to use initiative
- Able to work in a team as well as on your own at times
- Day off on your birthday
- Refund on your DBS check after 6 months of service
- Competitive rates of pay with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
- Free meals
- Free uniforms
- Paid breaks
- Special bank holiday pay rates on major bank holidays
- Learning & Development – free training (you are paid to attend training) and personalised training plans
- Recognition Rewards – e.g. employee of the month
- Friend referral reward scheme
- Parties & Events