The Orchards Residential Home is looking for a talented and imaginative Chef to join the Kitchen Team, helping to bring everyday food pleasures to our residents.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
As the Chef you will be a part of the kitchen team under the instruction of the Kitchen Manager. You will work to create inspiring mealtimes for residents at the home, catering to all preferences and dietary requirements. You will need to enjoy interacting and communicating with the elderly as there will be regular contact with our residents. You will need to have up to date knowledge of food health and hygiene and it would be beneficial to have knowledge on fortified diets and soft diets, but we can train you on this if need be.
- Several years of experience in hospitality/catering is required
- Level 2 Food & Hygiene is required
- A City & Guilds Catering qualification would be ideal but is not a requirement
- Passionate about food, local produce and fresh ingredients
- Good level of English
- A good team player
- Excellent time management skills
- Prioritising resident and relative needs and offering personalised menus when required
- Honest and kind person who can work under pressure