The Orchards Residential Home in Wroughton, near Swindon is looking for a Deputy Manager to join the management team. This will suit a current Deputy Manager or an experienced Team Leader, Head of Care or Senior looking for that step up. You must have excellent knowledge of CQC regulations as you will be supporting the management team in paperwork on the compliance side as well as working frequently on the floor.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
As Deputy Manager you will be the Manager’s ‘right hand man’ and their eyes and ears on the floor of the care home. You will support the Manager in the day to day running of the home and help lead the team, ensuring that everyone is delivering the highest standards of care possible. You will be passionate about care and committed to improving the home and the care we provide in every way possible. When the Manager is not at the home you will be in charge and will feel confident in managing the home in her absence.
· NVQ 3 at least is required (preferably NVQ 5) or equivalent
· Excellent and up-to-date knowledge of CQC requirements
· Kind, caring and passionate about providing top quality care
· Confidence in running the home
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Excellent administrative and paperwork skills
· Good communication skills and approachable