Mulberry House Residential Home in Bovey Tracey is looking for an imaginative and passionate Head Chef / Kitchen Manager to manage the Kitchen Team.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The role of the Kitchen Manager is to be in charge of the kitchen team and to lead the cooks and kitchen assistants to create balanced and nutritious meals for the residents. You will work to create inspiring mealtimes for residents at the home, catering to all preferences and dietary requirements. You will be in charge of food allocation systems and minimising wastage in the kitchen. You will need to enjoy interacting and communicating with the elderly as you will have a lot of contact with them.
· Several years of experience in hospitality/catering is required
· Level 2 Food & Hygiene is required
· Passionate about food, local produce and fresh ingredients
· Good level of English
· A good team player
· Excellent time management skills
· Prioritising resident and relative needs and offering personalised menus when required
· Honest and kind person who can work under pressure
· Previous experience in a care home is beneficial