Willow Bank Residential in Pershore, Worcestershire, has an exciting new opportunity available for a talented and compassionate Head of Care, working nights.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Head of Care is a role for a confident and experienced individual who has a passion for caring for the elderly. You will have worked in care for several years, preferably in a nursing or residential home and progressed to at least a Senior Carer in that time.
You will use your skills and experience to lead the resident care along with the Deputy Manager and the Manager and take responsibility for the night care team. Your main focus will be to work towards providing the best standards of care, recognising the need for continuous improvement whilst actively involving the residents. You will support the Deputy Manager and Manager in the performance of their duties and accept delegated responsibilities from them. You will work with the Day Head of Care and share responsibilities for this role.
As well as monitoring how care is delivered, you will need to motivate, teach and manage your care team. You will need to have a strong knowledge of CQC regulations as well as the policies and procedures of the home.
· NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent.
· Several years of experience in care already – preferably some as a Senior Carer.
· Good communication skills.
· Excellent paperwork skills and experience with writing care plans.
· A positive attitude.
· Confident in your care knowledge and able to lead a team.
· Not afraid to get your hands dirty.