Mulberry House Residential Home is looking for kind and compassionate full time or part time care assistants to join the team. We currently have day and night vacancies available.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
As a care assistant, you will work with vulnerable adults to help them live their lives to the full wherever they are able. It is the ultimate ‘people job’ – you will build solid relationships and trust with the vulnerable service users, sometimes in challenging situations.
Your daily routine will be varied. You will support the service users to wash, dress, undress, and help them with continence care, feeding, hydration, oral care, hair care, nail care and emotional support and stimulation. This will include encouraging them to participate in activities and community support where required.
A care assistant plays a major role in creating a happy and caring environment adopting a totally flexible approach and attitude to the challenges of the post. You will support service users with dignity, empathy and respect and you will promote independence, inclusion and stimulation at all times.
We will train you in all aspects of care and ensure that your training is up to date and refreshed regularly. There is opportunity to progress up to a Senior Care Assistant role if you really thrive as a Care Assistant.
· No formal qualifications required although Care Certificate or NVQ 2/3 (or equivalent) is beneficial
· A good level of English
· A warm & friendly personality
· A good communicator
· Able to use initiative
· Able to work in a team as well as on your own at times
· Extra paid day off on your birthday
· Refund on your DBS check after probation is passed
· Competitive rates of pay with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
· Annual wage reviews
· Support and funding for RQF 2,3 & 5
· Carers will be trained to the nationally recognised Care Certificate level
· Opportunity for overtime where possible
· Homely, mostly non-purpose built care homes
· Free hot meals on a long shift
· Free uniforms provided
· Paid breaks
· Free parking
· Special bank holiday pay rates on major bank holidays
· Learning & Development – free training (you are paid to attend training) and personalised training plans
· Recognition Rewards – e.g. employee of the month
· Friend Referral Reward Scheme
· Parties & Events